AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Getting born to farm kids to study at school
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Chris
Posted 9/24/2014 10:05 (#4091199 - in reply to #4090899)
Subject: RE: Getting born to farm kids to study at school

East central Iowa

denice.r - 9/24/2014 07:27 I think it is up the adults in each kids life to show them the big wide world and the opportunities out there. Show them the things beyond the classroom and the farm field and the office building. If they are exposed to different things, ideas, people ect different things will peak their interest. You just do not know and can not predict where his interests and life will take them so school provides the basic education they will need. As adults making a living on farms sometimes we get a bit narrowed in our focus trying to make it all work at home. I think we need to take the time to expose the kids to other things. It is natural for them to want to be like mom and dad when they are young. If he likes cattle see if he can spend a day with the vet or if he likes growing things a landscaper or garden business or architect...

I think this is an excellent post.  We took our kids around the country and exposed them to other cultures (within the US) and took them to museums, art centers, Civil War re-enactments, ancient Indian sites, archeology digs, other business interests.

Lastly, he's 9.  A lot can happen in the next 9 years.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)