AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain Quality and Crop Insurance?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jon
Posted 9/22/2014 20:07 (#4088232)
Subject: Grain Quality and Crop Insurance?

Callao Missouri
I have 400 acres of soybeans that went under water two weeks ago. The beans were just about ready to start turning at the time of the massive flood. What I have now is some beans that are going to be fine and some that are molding and decaying in the pod. I know at times when we have had a crop insurance claim that there has been adjustments made for moisture. Is there an adjustment made for grain quality? What if the yield is in the 45+- Bu but the beans are rejected at the possessor because of quality concerns? Will I be paid on my bu quantity that I raised or the APH? Also these were NGMO beans sold for a premium above the market, I assume I am out of luck on that? I sure could have done without this little life experience this year it is bad enough to have low price for production but to loose two thirds of your production to flood this late in the game sucks. PS I have Revenue protection insurance. Thanks Jon

One more question Could these beans be ran through a color sorter at a premium seed cleaner to remove the uglies? Brad?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)