AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DOT stories good or bad.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Big Ben
Posted 9/21/2014 23:08 (#4086957 - in reply to #4086706)
Subject: RE: DOT stories good or bad.

Columbia Basin, Ephrata, WA
Neighbors were borrowing my good truck and a silage trailer, so I asked to use one of their trucks and a flatbed to go to Spokane for some bin parts. Their trucks did not have wet kits, so we had to swap entire rigs instead of just trading trailers.

I pulled across the one scale on the route completely empty, and they decided to inspect the rig. EVERYTHING was wrong with the truck. It didn't have any extinguisher, flares or triangles, they found too many brakes out of adjustment, and the kicker was that when I signaled left the right lights on the trailer blinked and vice versa. There was probably more that I don't even remember. I was shocked because the neighbors also have a trucking business so I kind of just assumed that their rigs were kept road ready. I didn't get any ticket though, the guy let me borrow a 9/16" wrench to adjust the brakes and he advised me to signal opposite of how I intended to turn in the city. (No I'm not making this up.) I went on my way and picked up my load uneventfully. When I got home I pulled up to our clear diesel tank to top it off, and when the fuel was nearly full I could see that the diesel in the truck tank was dyed. Good thing they didn't dip the tank at the scale.

Edited by Big Ben 9/22/2014 12:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)