AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Baling and wrapping hay in the past week. Now With Pictures!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Maxzillian
Posted 9/22/2014 16:29 (#4087888 - in reply to #4087831)
Subject: RE: Baling and wrapping hay in the past week. Now With Pictures!

Yeah, that'd be the scraper I was talking about. It didn't look like yours had the folding hand rails up top so I thought it was an older model. Looking again, I see I wasn't looking close enough. I'm not surprised the bales get a little hairier with moisture though, seems like it's difficult to get good looking bales above 30-40% no matter what you do to these balers.

I'm not aware of anyone that has adapted a roller. Not only do the wings on the ends of the windguard have to be cut off, but it's also a little bit shorter nose to tail. It also uses different arms to hang it off the pickup, but I don't recall if they're longer or shorter. I think it could certainly be done with enough work, but you'd also need to make brackets for the springs they use to allow it to float. Otherwise the windguard is too heavy with the roller and will want to plow wads in the windrow.

That said, I don't think the roller makes a night and day difference, but I've only ran it in dry hay and I know silage is a different animal.

Edited by Maxzillian 9/22/2014 16:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)