AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hall/Navies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

CND
Posted 9/21/2014 00:19 (#4085102 - in reply to #4084645)
Subject: RE: Hall/Navies

Anamoose, ND
Well I guess I will be your western grower for pintos. Yields are inline with the past two years. First 50 acres made over a ton net across the scale. We will see how the next 400 acres go. I am seeing more white mold than ever and I am sure the white mold is bringing the averages down. I sprayed Endura on all the pintos at $30 per acre but I guess when the disease pressure gets too great nothing will stop white mold. These beans are dry and I am hopeful that todays rain will moisten them up some. Splits have been coming in at 2.0% and FM at 1.5%, much of the FM is from the white mold, for a total of 3.5% dockage........not too bad considering the last load came off 12.8% moisture.

Truth is every year I "store" most of my beans at the bean plant then later regret this decision. I think this year once my contract is full I am going to cash in the overrun and be done with it.

I am curious what prices will be like for next growing season. Although prices look attractive at $28 I question how much lower until soys or for us canola look much better. No doubt it takes more management and patients to grow these things and I think if prices get into the lower $20's many growers will look at growing something less risky.......i know I will.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)