AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

changing rotor parts pull rotor or not
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ih1566
Posted 9/18/2014 20:35 (#4081360 - in reply to #4081310)
Subject: RE: changing rotor parts pull rotor or not

Hamilton, OH/ Browning, MO
You can probably change all of those without pulling the rotor, but I sure wouldn't want too. Especially when it is so easy to do. The hardest, or most time consuming part is taking feeder house off. I have my 2166 all apart right now, and couldn't imagine doing all of it with rotor left in. I changed my cone vanes while I was in there, and the damned wiz bolts would spin so I tack welded the heads. I blew out all the years of dust from above the cage and then soaked everything with a garden hose afraid of stray sparks starting a fire. I'll bet you money you'll have do do the same thing.

As far as hard surfacing and building up your bars, you need to talk to a place called trimpe in Seymour Indiana. These guys farm some, but mostly hard surface weld combine parts. I used to think you being in NC would be too far away, but when I was there the other day some guy called that was driving from northern michigan to bring parts and wait while being done. They have business cards covering their office wall of equipment dealers that send them parts from all over the country, plus some s. America. Everything can be shipped. Don't have phone number handy, but well worth effort to find and call yourself.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)