AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Putting on my Kile rotor flites...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Kickapoogian
Posted 9/18/2014 19:38 (#4081239)
Subject: Putting on my Kile rotor flites...

Soldiers Grove Wi. 54655
Well I got my razor rock beater together with not much problem and now I'm working on putting the Kile rotor flites and transition bars in. After getting the elephant ears out and figuring out how these go in I'm already impressed with how it looks like it will pull the crop into the rotor faster and more even. My friend who stopped in to look at the razor rock beater wanted to see them too and he thought at first they wouldn't fit since they are about twice the size of the old elephant ears.. He stopped in later after I had one installed and just lightly bolted on and was impressed also..
I am wondering if any of you who have put them in before have had any problem with getting them to line up with the bolt holes perfectly so everything balances up when I'm done. (again, I just have one in and it's not bolted tightly yet..) I think I'll have to have help to get the other 2 in as it's quite a job getting it in the cone and lined up to get the bolts in.
I also noticed a few of the vanes are bent a little but not bad. If I get time I'll post a photo of them and see what you folks think as far as trying to straighten them or replacing them. (one is bent in for the first inch and 1/2 just inside the cone) My thinking is if I'm going to do it now is the time before I put any more of the flites in or put the rock trap and feederhouse back on....
If anyone has any suggestions about putting the flites in or anything else I'd appreciate it.
Thanks

ps; on another note this is the combine I bought a couple years ago and didn't realize until I got it that a large rock had been run through and bent up the grates and holders as well as punched a hole in the rotor cage at the rear.. All 3 grates got knocked out and dropped in the first 100 yards I ran the machine and I just bought new grates and had the cage repaired as it needed some welding done on it and put new flat plate holders in. Even though it worked great through the entire bean season last year after opening it up yesterday I noticed the last grate has come loose again so I'm trying to figure out how to keep that from happening again.. (maybe the threshing will be more even now so the pressure would be less on the last grate now since I'll have the front end updated?) It's a 92 CIH 1640, If I knew then what I know now I never would have went with anything less than a 1660 since the transmission and final drives are so much lighter.(already replaced the transmission the first season)..
Last year I purchased an old 1460 out in Iowa for $4700 figuring on using it just for the good tires on rims as well as parts but instead I decided to use it for all my corn and it worked great. It was more stable as they had widened the machine also and it has a ag leader pf3000 which I wish I could just transfer to the 1640.. Of course there are no brakes in it but it's heck of a workhorse...Just wish it had an air ride suspension seat in it as I think I'd just keep using it for corn and the 1640 for the beans now..(and have a backup in case one or the other goes down during the rush)..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)