AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Partenting a teenager. Words of wisdom needed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

frytownfarmer
Posted 9/18/2014 14:05 (#4080915 - in reply to #4080370)
Subject: RE: Partenting a teenager. Words of wisdom needed

Frytown, Iowa
Charlie sheen wasn't alone when he was obsessing over winning... Seems the attitude is you have to win or dont try. They try a little and fail then move to something else and fail maybe they get lucky and find something they are good at but it's not real life.

Real life is a struggle just to make above average. If he doesn't learn now to do his best and screw the rest he won't learn to cope with real life struggles in the future. Tell him you would be more proud of him learning to deal with stress and the no quit attitude and keep on keeping on than to take the easy way out and rely on someone else... If he's not good at school smarts he shouldn't be going to college anyways. He probably has other strengths. Encourage him to find his strengths cheating isnf one of them... I'm glad my cheating still got me a "C" that's because I copied off dale8670 and he copied off a foreign student. We had mediocre results and it was clear we were not cut out for 4 year universities... Other strengths showed up after school.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)