AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I have received the near 20 question today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Clay SEIA
Posted 9/16/2014 21:19 (#4078281 - in reply to #4078206)
Subject: RE: again I am looking for Info TN Rick

Tara, you keep wanting a number, and heck I can't guess my own beans within 10 bpa until they are in the combine.  

Isn't the bigger question whether USDA methodology can pick up on these things, and if so, what time frame do THEY develop some reasonably solid data from it?   But, since you want numbers, I will SWAG, on a national basis, .25-1 bpa from frost and maybe a little more than that due to SDS, white mold, and whatever other disease is out there.   The impact MAY be of a larger magnitude than that, but we have nothing factual to measure it yet.  And even when we do- well, a lot of acres are probably affected by multiple things which keep them from being 100 bpa soybeans so how do you quantify exactly what happened in the end?

I have quite a few yield maps from fields which suffered from SDS, and it is so spotty that I don't know how you could hope to make an accurate pre harvest estimate.  If you want to find 20 bpa or 60 bpa, you can probably find both and they might only be a hundred feet apart. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)