AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Car question, Impala or Fusion?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

johns_79
Posted 9/16/2014 09:36 (#4077262 - in reply to #4077132)
Subject: RE: Car question, Impala or Fusion?

Windom, MN
Impala is nice. My brother has had 3 of them. He drives a lot of his job, like35,000 miles a year, and the car is basically his office too. He had an 01 impala, then an 04 impala, and is now on an 09 impala. He liked the 01 and 04 a lot. It was pretty basic (3400 engine and really no frills), but he ran the wheels off both of them (both went over 200k before he got rid of them). Dad has the 04 now, it has 215k on it now but he just uses it locally running for parts.

Now the 09 he doesn't like as well as the previous models. He is 6'4 and says the interior is a lot smaller than on the previous models. And the gas mileage is really about the same. He hasn't had many problems with the car, it's reliable, he just liked the comfort of the older ones.

The fusion is going to be a smaller car. I think the GM equivalent would be a malibu. I never liked ford cars, but they seem to have gotten a lot nicer in recent years. Parents just bought a 13 taurus. Besides not being able to see out the windows (they seem really small to me) they like it. Gas mileage doesn't seem to be what it should either, only 26 when driving normally.

It's really amazing how cars seem to have plateaued as far as mileage and reliability. I still roll in a 93 buick park avenue. It's got low miles (135,000) but I will get 30 on a trip, it almost never breaks (although I have been replacing some rusted out parts) and you will not find a more spacious car made now days. That thing is a boat, but it's nice to keep the hard miles off my pickup.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)