AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pouring another pad for feedbunks, questions?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 9/15/2014 16:43 (#4075944)
Subject: Pouring another pad for feedbunks, questions?

South Central Kansas, Harper County
My son is expanding his starter yard, so we are in the process of pouring a 400' run for the pad. We are using a "sled" a neighbor built years ago, and used it for many feedlots in their area. You simply drive along pulling this sled with a tractor as the concrete truck drives along side and pours concrete into a "box" at the front, it passes under an I-beem and a couple of pipes at rear. Kind of shaped like an "H", with two long pipes at the sides, width is 8'6". Anyway, the concrete bunks will fit on about 2 1/2'-3' on the edge and the other 5' or so is the pad for the cattle. This particular bunks do not have the pipe inserts in them or bolt holes in the front to bolt pipe. Trying to figure out how we can add our pipe for the railing, if we do it this way? Other part of the yard we already had the pipe in the ground, but kind of had to manuever the concrete truck spout in and around the pipe all along the way. If only we had the pipe stubs in the bunks, it would be easy. Think a person could come along after we pour the pad, and drive the posts down in to the ground and work ok? I also thought about pushing some short pieces of pipe into the ground, prior to pouring the concrete, but have them just below the top of concrete. Think that might work? Any ideas and comments appreciated!
thanks,
Jim

Edited by Jim1_ks 9/15/2014 16:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)