AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Geothermal furnace supplemental heat?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

lemchop
Posted 9/13/2014 16:11 (#4072491 - in reply to #4066598)
Subject: RE: Geothermal furnace supplemental heat?

Waupun, WI
We are having the same issue no basement so the fna/furnace is in the backroom the geo brings the room temp up fast enough when I raise the temperate but the fan runs and runs seems like the controls make the fan run to even out hte temp in the house which does seem good. So the fan does not shut off untill the heater has not kicked in for a long enough time. My biggest grip is there is a low speed setting that is supposes to run first and high speed fan kicks in if reguired for more heat or a faster heat. The slow speed fan is not near as annoying to listen to.

It worked fine the first year then there was a issue late in the summer cooling and they put a new controller on the wall. Middle of the winter last year I complained about listening to the High speed fan all the time , service man came out and company man and tried to fix the problem, Funny thing is one night I came in and sensed right away the slow speed fan was on and for two days every thing seemed right high speed would hardly kick in at all, I did not call the service man I figured he knew it was fix but hind site I should have known because he would not sit a round for hours to see how it works , Anyway he came back a few days later to work on it and we are back to the same old

Not much of the problem with cooling does not run as much plus I do not sit in the house to much at night watching TV as in the winter. Last year the last half of winter we used the fire place so I did not have to listen to the fan.

Wondering if you have a two speed fan running on high also
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)