AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This gives me hope
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

magnumrider
Posted 4/9/2008 22:06 (#353975 - in reply to #352667)
Subject: Re: This gives me hope

NorthEast Iowa,
This is my rig that we are prototypeing for Milford Friesen and Harvest International of Cherokee ,IA. 40 ft toolbar 16 row 30" with Dawn striptill units
. We have been striptilling for probably 10-12 years and we have had the "Patience of Job" to get it right. This is the RIGHT machine.
I am new to AG talk, my son stumbled on to these pictures that he took on Monday and that I sent to several interested parties.
This is a much improved toolbar that will handle the draft load needed in the striptill
market. Milford Friesen has had this idea for many years and his dream has come together. You will never meet a man with more passion for what he does than Milford.
Let me respond to a few of the comments and questions. We are located 5 miles south of Shell Rock IA which is 5 miles west of Waverly, IA. My wife and I farm and sell
Dekalb/Asgrow seed (in our 28th year), we have an excellent employee/partner, Bruce that has been with us for 12+ years and now my son Clay who is a Junior at UNI is also getting
involved. Between the three of us we get it done and are not afraid to tackle new challenges.
Yes, the bottle of champange was broken, I had trouble sending video clips off the camera and we took some still pictures before.
We road tested the rig for an hour before coming to the field just to see what flexed, moved, steered ect. went really well. looks like a long train but with the Montag steerable
cart it handles like a much shorter setup.
The field was one I rent along the WestFork river, the area we were in is about a 55 CSR, sparta and flagler soil types. all of our other farms are definetly not fit yet.
We made several rounds just to see how everything worked. We were not appling any fertilizer. The tractor is a NewHolland TG305 (same as a MX305). On this limited test
run I ran mostly around 8.5 mph. I did run up to 10.5 mph
just to see what it would pull.
We are finishing the hydraulic plumbing to the fert cart and putting on the markers (yes we have autosteer but I'm like the four year old kid that still need his security blanket).
a little final details and it will be ready for the spring season if it ever gets here, snow for Friday in the forcast. We plan to run it over about 1400 acres this spring with 1/3 being
corn on corn. most of the ground we operate is from south of Shell Rock to north of Clarksville in Butler County IA
I will be more than happy to show this rig to anybody interested in striptill farming. We started striptill farming 12 years ago to save soil, reduce trips over the field, increase yields,
and reduce fertilizer cost. we have acomplished all of these goals.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)