AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The final numbers, almost
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 9/2/2014 12:48 (#4051885 - in reply to #4051784)
Subject: I'd like to know also..

I'd like to know also..

Couple of things..

1) Census is probably THE agency that would account for ALL exports.. including cars.. TV's.. stereo's etc.. not sure we export any of that but if we did..  Thus they should be thorough.. but SLOW.

2) We WANT Ag commodities.. and we WANT IT NOW.. like "What did we move LAST WEEK?"  which the current system accomplishes that..

Census SHOULD catch things like soybeans loaded in a Container box.. shipped to port.. transloaded onto a Container vessel.. etc and shipped overseas and ultimately inland.  This is a MORE EXPENSIVE (??) way of moving things then Bulk.. but it might not be in that.. a) Containers are pretty efficient.. and b) you can Identity preserve the load.. as the contents do not get elevated and dropped 100+' a couple more times.. thus I believe this mode.. though small is growing over time..??

Also Census might better record shipments by rail or truck to Canada and Mexico..

Census for whatever reason(s) (see above + others..) seems to gain a couple myn bushels vs GIPSA.. so.. at the end of the year it may be worth the wait..??

It appears that we will be a couple myn bushels short.. but.. you can't say for sure yet.. probably not as short as it looks now..  ???  It's not inconceivable that we gain like 50 myn bu of corn.. that would be a lot.. but not out of the realm of possibilities.. it will most certainly be MORE than what your looking at above.. to the tune of several myn bushels... 15..20..25...30..??  Just have to wait and see..

Just my musings.. someone with actual info on the subject can better clarify.. but I believe I've got the just of it... ???

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)