AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Started chopping corn today (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

billonthefarm
Posted 9/1/2014 20:22 (#4050870)
Subject: Started chopping corn today (pics)

Farmington IL
We have been delayed a week because of the rainy weather so today, Labor Day, we got a start finally.
This is our first year doing or own chopping. There is a learning curve. This spring went well chopping triticale. I'm sure we will get this figured out as well.
Our first thought was we decided we wanted to open up with the combine and put the corn in the bag.

We talked it over nick set the combine and away he went. Ended up with about 700bu of 40 something percent moisture corn.

After he got us some room to maneuver I took the chopper and filed all three wagons. Didn't get along all that well. Seems like I need to do some adjusting on the gathering chains.

The bagger has been set up and ready for days. We unloaded two of the wagons to get the bag started first.

Then we dumped both wagons with corn in the bag. No, corn in excess of 40 percent moisture won't run out of even really nice and polished wagons, but it wasn't to bad. I was almost shocked how nice the corn was in the wagon. It went in the bagger without any trouble.

Day one was a little slow and frustrating but it was nice to get started. Another 100 loads or so and we will be in good shape.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)