AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

hmm i guess he quit.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

easymoney
Posted 9/1/2014 18:23 (#4050638)
Subject: hmm i guess he quit.

ecmn
the wife and I are remodeling the bathroom. I do not like remodel work, I am not a carpenter but I manage to get by but I was not doing it at the wifes wanted pace. lol I kept putting it off not going to lie. I hung the drywall and taped with first layer of mud. uncle told me about a kid that did great work on Andrews house. OK so we called him up and he came right out this was a fri. said he will be back on mon. the following Friday he showed up and left a huge mess, mud over the bathroom floor, put a wet towel in the dry towel cabinet, got mud on a couple cupboard doors when taking stuff out, the front steps through the rugs in the entry through the kitchen into the bathroom was a drywall dust mess, left a pop bottle laying in the hall.

so he called and said he will be back out tomorrow to finish. ok I said just this time can you work a little harder on the professionalism. he went off, lol! "you don't know nothing about construction" "I am doing you a favor" "if you didn't do sh@t work there wouldn't have been such a mess" "your wife told me she was embarrassed of your work" I said there is no reason to be a little b#tch just next time take a minute to do a second look. this is remodel work not new construction. then repeated how he is doing a favor a bunch more times and how he doesn't need this job and has more important things to do then our job and no one else would do the job.
and just send him a check. I didn't yell but I wasn't going to let someone try to tell me how hard he cleaned up. I tried a couple times to calm him down to talk but then I said the hell with it and started to get a little wound up then the wife came in so I had to hold my composure. asked for his address to send him a check.

Nick C. from high school is coming over to finish the job. we talked to him at the back yard fence but he does mud for a living I didn't want to be a nag to him so we didn't bug him for the job.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)