AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Suggestions on plumbing of hydraulics on a silage truck
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JasonK
Posted 9/1/2014 22:25 (#4051170 - in reply to #4050624)
Subject: RE: Suggestions on plumbing of hydraulics on a silage truck

East Central Iowa
I'd start with checking the oil temp when the problem exists, thermo gun or temp tape stuck to the oil tank. I'd say a good range to run normally is between 150-180F. Might check/change the oil to a different weight to help the situation. If your above that, install an oil cooler (sorry no real suggestions for used or quick and easy). Buy honestly, I suspect an underlying problem. I would guess that the pump on this is fixed displacement type and probably a bit larger than required. Compounding that looks like the plumbing is a bit undersize for the application. Also, the flow division and flow control valves make heat, those are hard to remedy, since you have to use them with a one pump system. Might be worth while to find the pressure specs for this body and check what your actually set at. You didn't mention any other problems with the functionality of the unit (until it's hot), but maybe a relief valve is leaking or set low and making heat. But more likely a large pump going over relief at higher rpms/flow and small plumbing, all making things worse. My 2 cents.

Edited by JasonK 9/1/2014 22:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)