AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Get your hands out of my pockets boys
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

BlackCattle
Posted 9/1/2014 08:09 (#4049830)
Subject: Get your hands out of my pockets boys

SC Iowa
Couple thought this morning after another huge bean pod making rain.

Seed corn COP. As i talk to seed reps about their check being smaller next year they keep saying " well Unfortunately thats what it cost us to grow it" . So I guess their share holders are guaranteed a profit. Fertilizer guys are the same way. Looks like its time for us all to share in this write down.

Basis. THis is the biggest crock of all. Now I understand geographical demand variances but how can there be positive basis everywhere for certain old crops and negative basis everywhere for new crop? Because its a rigged game is why.

Rents. They are going down round here except for the best soils. Here again these landlords expect a guaranteed return. Now before you guys throw gas and a match on me, I actually enjoy risk so ya I Love farmin. Just see a few of the people I do business with actin like I owe them a profit.

Local Mother Deere shops. Wow these guys weed out the local guy and then triple their prices and hire a bunch of snotty city folk to try to figure out the part I want....

Profits to all the guys that farm the farmer are guaranteed, if you dont like it move to town, right?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)