AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

all the negotiating rent posts....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ajblair
Posted 9/1/2014 13:43 (#4050300 - in reply to #4049761)
Subject: RE: all the negotiating rent posts....

Dayton, IA
ezzard, When I replied, I probably didn't get my point across, but what I meant to say was the landlord already knows your cost of production pretty well if they either have the internet, a telephone, or ever leave the house. The numbers are already available to them so I feel better about using real numbers then trying to hide numbers or inflate my production costs.

Then it just comes down to a question of how much value the landlord thinks you provide for them. If the land owner expects you to farm at a loss for their benefit you have to decide if the relationship is valuable enough to you that you will pay out of your pocket or equity to continue the relationship.

If the landowner wants some sort of share rent or flex rent, everything generally works for both parties and the farm will be productive in the long run. If the landowner wants the highest rent, things get cut and I would guess those farms are actually less productive long term. Not all landowners understand this so you have a wide range of rents.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)