AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

oil company wants to put seismic sensors on my place for 6 months...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

caleb2684
Posted 8/31/2014 23:19 (#4049588)
Subject: oil company wants to put seismic sensors on my place for 6 months...

Aggieland
Howdy all I need help with an oil related question. A survey company sent me a letter stating that they wanted to put sensors on my property for up to six months and then come out and "thump" the ground on a few areas of my property. In the letter they state that they will "if necessary line clearing of the underbrush to allow acces to reciever points or to source points". Here are my problems. I only own five acres with a house on it and its pretty wooded. Three acres have been somewhat cleared and fenced for the hay burners and then the house sits on a half thats clear and the rest is 100% thick and I want it to stay that way for privacy. They are offering me $12.50 an acre to have this access and the rights to do this. Here are my concerns, the property is rented and has tenants on it that have horses. I dont want cables being laid all over going to these sensors that a horse (they are stupid) could get caught up in and cause an injury. I dont want any of my brush cleared. I have seen the thumpers and they are a rather large tractor type machine which would require a large amount of brush removal to get to some of their proposed source points (if Im thinking correct about a reciever and a source point). I dont own the mineral rights and theres a slim to none chance that Id have a well put on my little place anyway. In the last two years within a mile of my house at least 5 wells have been drilled. So can I tell them to take a hike, ask that no brush be cleared and wires buried or any other ideas? For $70 I just dont see it being worth the hassle.

Thanks,
Caleb
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)