AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

TMR- so impressed with mix
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

MCatSHF
Posted 9/1/2014 09:36 (#4049993 - in reply to #4049047)
Subject: RE: TMR- so impressed with mix

Sandy Hook, MB

Hello Scillfarmer

Seems that we hear more comments like yours then guys that pooh pooh on them after they try them. Once you try it, you never want to go back!

Do you have a full set of knives (10) on yours or just a 1/2 set? I think that they usually sell them with 5, but holes are on the screw for 10. 5 might be OK if feeding a chop based ration, but if cutting up a lot of bales, 10 will do it faster and/or last longer. The previous owner of mine was feeding a hay based ration on his sheep operation & installed another 5 on it because he said 5 was too slow. 5 were used & 5 were just like new when I bought it & haven't replaced any in over 10 years. Mind you, I started out using it cutting up straw & hay bales for the ration, but don't do that nearly as much since I switched to chop, just cut up a bit for filler. That's the only way that I've used mine is with 10. The previous owner traded my 700 in on a 900 twin. I stopped in shortly after he got the 900 to pick up some extra shear bolts & PTO shield parts that he had for the 700 that he forgot to pass onto the dealer when they picked it up & I asked him how he liked it & if it was any faster. He said that it was slower than the old 1 as it only had 5 knives on each screw. He said that he had the extra knives on order.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)