AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What a waste of taxpayer money
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 8/31/2014 14:18 (#4048731 - in reply to #4048680)
Subject: RE: What a waste of taxpayer money-quite the job

Buxton ND
Here's where commercials have a MASSIVE EDGE of us guys..........

They know each and every day what % of new crop is sold. They can figure back off last years acres/production/reports and this year seed sales,USDA planted acres/yield by county and be very close to % sold. PLUS there probably up-loaded directly to head quarters each and every day. They know normally come Dec 1 their gonna buy X amount of bushels,X amount by tax time and X amount by most peoples tax time of April 15th then by July 1st. DOUBLE PLUS THOSE DAM DP'S BUSHELS.............................................................................. THOUGH OUT THE YEAR......................................

We saw this play out in last years corn crop,end users have been using corn like wild without pushing anything to wildly high basis levels. Basically end users need corn and producers need money...............With a bigger crop,less price and pretty much the same payments needing to be made by producers as last year,,,its a rinse and repeat of the 2013 crop only a little worse.

I still think we as producers can help our self here by binning it taking Uncle's loan and sit for awhile. Then this little man on my shoulder just hits me on the side of the head with a BMFH saying "loan price will not go far"
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)