AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Day of our Lives
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 8/31/2014 10:55 (#4048430)
Subject: Day of our Lives

Buxton ND
No not Bo and Hope,but Days of our corn.

In 2012 days from silking to black layer was PLASTERS across cyber land as a factor that cut yields...
NOW when that same factor is increasing yields everyone just seems to be forgotten about...................
Notice I did say "is" and not "may" increase yields.

Deeper kernels,heaver kernels,heaver ear weights = longer day from silk to black layer.

Now if your in the heart of the corn belt and expecting 180-200 bpa and you end up getting 210-230. Once the bins get full,you either piling it on the ground yourself or it "goes to town" or to an end user,if their full,their gonna pile it on the ground. Piling it on the ground means risk,guess who's gonna pay for that risk in the form of a wider basis. All these extra bushels,IFFFF they cross a scale (town,end-user),they WILL BE HEDGED,IF the spec money is not there to take the long side of OUR hedgies,,,its not gonna be very pretty guys.

I've felt all along that I COULD NOT see the funds going net short corn again this year like in 2013, but as harvest moves north,and if you keep hearing these very good yields. Yield possibly in the 171-173 range that's is plus 5 USDA's last number. I'm gonna be WRONG on the funds not going net short.

On the positive side of things,if we do take the next step lower,my God I would think the importers would dam near have to jump in and buy corn on K-MART'S blue light special.........................................

I'm sure someones gonna jump down my neck for being Mr Doom and Gloom but this is being realistic even the K-MART blue lite part..... Was Angie Maguire was being realistic when she said sell your overage before it becomes "overage" ? ? ?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)