AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****What Day Is It Weigh In******
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Chimel
Posted 8/31/2014 15:39 (#4048838 - in reply to #4048382)
Subject: RE: *****What Day Is It Weigh In******

No scale here either, but I'll get one for next week, as I fear the worse: I have been in France for only 4 days, but oh the meals, oh the cheese, even 2 different head cheese that is not a cheese at all, and a couple of hearty dishes that are usually more for winter than summer, like cassoulet and aligot, or a plate of the first porcini mushrooms of the year for lunch today. I counted 6 types of dinner and dry sausages already, and there's blood sausage in the fridge too... Breakfast tomorrow will be fromage blanc and sweet chestnut spread.

I'll stick to just one cheese per meal in  the future. Talking about dairy products, milk and butter definitely taste way better in France than in the U.S., the difference is very noticeable. Even UHT half skimmed milk tastes like cow, not like water. Maybe it's the cow dung in the milk, as Chris said in another thread!  ;) I have no idea what causes this difference, maybe the breed of cow or the way milk cows are raised. Maybe for cream and butter, the type of cultures or how long these products are left to mature. Probably the American market requires a more neutral taste too.

My furniture and stuff will be arriving from Seattle by ship in about 7 weeks, I'd better be in a good shape to receive it by then.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)