AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Early Kansas yields again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 8/30/2014 09:17 (#4046815 - in reply to #4046799)
Subject: Not far away..

Yup I'm getting those reports.. "making up to 170" means...

"Yields locally that I have heard run from 120 to 160 with a 175 once in a while on some outstanding field." 

I speak Merchandiser.. a little rusty but still get it.. 

We were cooler.. actually I thought this was a more normal year.. in 09 we only had 4 days here over 100 degrees.. more Cool then Wet... We had a couple of flash points.. that week where we hit 108 with 30 mph winds.. I call those "Blow Torch" conditions and it is for dryland corn in Kansas.. (the irrigated doesn't much like it either but can hold on a little better.. usually)

Last week's (or was it the week before..??)  around 100 and 25 to 30 mph sustained for a day or two was really PUSHING us on the grain fill/making Test Wt period..  We got some light showers to cool things back off and most of my irrigated is now 3/4 to 1/2 water line now.. We're done irrigating now.. which is good cause this is all the allocation I want to use..

Rain or not "We're DONE."

So even though it wasn't much this past week has been WONDERFUL if for no other reason it pulled us out of the blast furnance and will let things fill a little better here at the tail end.  The crop is later somewhat.. as a GOOD CROP SHOULD be.. but not like 09.. In 09 we were harvesting 17% moisture irrigated corn after Thanksgiving...

There was some dryland Soybeans that were going to DIE until this week cooled off.. hurting some of the shallow irrigated fields also..  my d/c beanies are ALMOST to close the rows.. just..... not...... quite........... going.................  to............................ make....................................................................it.

Coops are hauling wheaties east and bringing your area's dryland corn back west to the feedlot's..  the bears need a big push that overwhelms the storage in order to push basis back.. right now they are showing weaker numbers.. but we'll use a Quarter's useage before we FINISH harvest.. I don't care if the FIRST BUSHELS I harvest goes to the bins.. in fact.. probably will this year.. once we get this sucker sealed away.. I expect a pretty decent pop in basis.. but..

"I could be wrong." 

At 7% full.. we have enough on farm storage to hold it.  Not selling sub $4.00 corn now.. 

We do NOT have the wheat acreage for a big 2015 crop.. I might be a little high at a myn acre cut.. but golly especially on the trip west to Colorado last week...

"WHERE is the worked ground going to WHEAT at?"

Lowest acreage I've seen in a while..   "we'll see.."   ??? 

Edited by JonSCKs 8/30/2014 09:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)