AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Loading Chute (6 Pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

MCatSHF
Posted 8/29/2014 08:04 (#4044640)
Subject: Loading Chute (6 Pics)

Sandy Hook, MB

Hello All

The post from below got me thinking about the 1 that I built about 15 years ago.

I used to borrow the 1 from the guy that used to haul my yearlings off of grass in the fall, but that meant a 1/2 hr. dive to pick it up. I would take it back the next day on the way to the sale. He lived along the way.

I don't recall how long that it is, but I don't think that it's 16'. More like 12' or even only 10'. Cattle certainly have no trouble walking up it. Cattle seem to have no problems climbing up a hill or incline, as long as they have traction.

Angle iron cleats on a checker plate floor.

Removable hitch so that trailer wheels don't back over it if it is just lowered down to the ground at the front & still attached at the back.

Ramp has 2 height settings, but I've only used it in this position & set the height with the drop down support legs.

Back 1/2 of the ramp is stationary & only the front 1/2 is adjustable for height. I made a piano hinge out of a piece of rod & pipe. It's probably ceased up by now. I never did paint it as you can see. Maybe I'll get around to it someday. Maybe when I have my auction sale, I'll paint it to make it look nice (maybe bring a higher $).                          

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)