AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best cattle feeding weather.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 8/29/2014 07:37 (#4044569 - in reply to #4044306)
Subject: RE: 2003 kinda came apart when the bse deal hit, was

Saronville NE
I remember as a kid, dad feeding cattle, in wood bunks no concrete, Kelly ryan wagon on a 2510 chained up, and Mom coming home from school to pull him out everynite, cause of mud, you couldn't even find the tonque it was buried so deep. I remember one time, they were pulling the tractor and wagon out, and got our 4000 ldr tractor stuck, so then got 4430 in front of the 4000 yet, finally had to unhook feedwagon to get tractors out, and think they drug feedwagon out backwards if I remember right. I remember we poured cement and put feedrack in the next year.

My worst year was winter and spring 09, had old Schwartz 3 auger on a 3020 chained up, no cement in 1 pen, was dragging bottom and getting stuck all the time, finally gave up put our 7810mfd on feedwagon, even then after a while, we drug bottom and could barely pull thru with it. We put more cement in after that also. It pays to have FWA on feedwagon, now with our vertical mixr it so much heavier and sitting on super singles, w/o fwa in mud you wont get far.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)