AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lots of talk about less acres a coming
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 8/29/2014 07:44 (#4044587 - in reply to #4044419)
Subject: RE: Lots of talk about less acres a coming

Buxton ND
I call the "BOOM" year of the 70's, 72 though 74,even if someone knew nothing about farming all you'd have to do is count the number of Chevy 72-74 twin screw tandems with a 366/427 and 5x2/5x4 to know something happened in Ag's

OK other then 1983-87-88 acres NEVER WENT BACK to pre "BOOM" years of the 70's EVEN THOUGH prices were very low and pretty much everything in farming was depressed they planted what they planted AND BURNT EQUITY......................................................... Late 70's early 80's look how many years we planted 80 ma plus EVEN WITH VERY CHEAP PRICES,THEY PLANTED AND BURNT EQUITY..........................................

Notice above NOT ONE PERSON,brought up WORLD HECTARES OR WORLD PRODUCTION ?????????? Your not going to like this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but world production was ignored in the late 1970's/early 80's also......................................Even though we had very cheap grain price,,,we still couldn't export the surplus.................................................

2 weekends ago on Market 2 Market,,,they had a little clip of a farmer yelling NO SALE GO HOME,NO SALE GO HOME,NO SALE GO HOME,NO SALE GO HOME,NO SALE GO HOME.............It brought tears to my eyes remember how bad things were back then.................................. I think EVERYONE needs to watch the last 2 weeks of M 2 M....................

Someone brought up a couple of producers taking a 150k family living draw the last 3 years.........................WOW talk about living "high on the hog" We had this in the 70's also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they ended up working at the sugar beet factory or being a tire grunt...........
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)