AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lots of talk about less acres a coming
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

johnk
Posted 8/29/2014 06:17 (#4044424 - in reply to #4044292)
Subject: RE: Lots of talk about less acres a coming

ncia
good call clay. I'm still skeptical when people say fert prices are not coming down. I've heard of several iowa operators telling they will apply NO p&k and suspect many will cut. sure they say they won't , but we'll see. Also, I was always for 37 years ,a purchaser of seed from the big companies (dekalb, Syngenta, pioneer. I might explore mycogen, wensman, renk, etc. just to get a deal. Also, Monsanto won't release prices because that just gives the others a baseline to discount from. I've always threatened to plant bin run soy seed and probably won't after posting here, but I'm sure that could be in someone's future. I would also think that with current hay prices , that some of those "fringe" areas (that we like to talk about) would go back to some type of hay production. I even told my dentist that I would pay for a cleaning, but no exam!! I feel sorry for him because I know he has a boat payment and a child going to college. No carpet, no new/used car or pickup, as little $1.50 per minute jd shop time as possible, busch lite instead of snooty beer, tillage parts from shoup, ...You get the picture. I was a little rusty, but I do remember how not to spend money.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)