AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

chopping stalk with calmer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 8/28/2014 22:05 (#4044077 - in reply to #4044021)
Subject: RE: chopping stalk with calmer

Morris, IL
I saw that as well, i'm thinking that has to be the whole kit which would be 80% of retail. If they went up again i'm done, i'm not even going to think about them anymore, they have priced themselves out of the market. I seem to remember you could put the whole kit in the 500-600 range i believe. The more i read about Calmer the more i'm starting to question if they are really worth the money or if it's all good marketing. I read just as many guys unhappy with Calmer as i do happy with them, so i guess they are not living up to all the hype to everyone. I'm sure they do good job and probably better then any other knife roll but for what they cost it's just very high to me.

I found a place to get JD knife rolls, remanufactured to better then new specs, and for about 370$ a row. My shoup deck plates had a run in with neighbors high tech brake for total cost of about 50$ a row. 99% sure CIH has them as well so i don't think they are under patent or anything. CFC has same slow down kit for 64$ a row. So that is about 715$ a row saving over the Calmer kit if it is indeed 1200$ a kit for one row. Email works if you want contact information on any of this.

Edited by NEILFarmer 8/28/2014 22:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)