AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FPS called due to "lightning threat"?? What a farse!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

greenswede
Posted 8/28/2014 21:07 (#4043926 - in reply to #4043427)
Subject: RE: Klaus

Urbandale Ia, (but originally from SE IA)
Wednesday is always my day of choice as is by most others. I had conflicts both Tuesday & Wednesday, so Thursday was my only option. The forecasts here were all over the place, originally only supposed to rain Tue & Wed, then they added a chance on Thur, but Wednesday was supposed to be the worst day & ended up being the best. I heard that they got 2" Tuesday morning according to local news, but the show went on....no way it rained that much there this morning although they were calling for torrential rain overnight Wednesday into Thursday. I was listening to WHO DesMoines on the drive down (85 miles) early in the morning in case it had rained more there & got cancelled, but sounded like everything was a go.
I really don't care so much either way, have driven to car races & baseball games that were rained out once I arrived, my complaint is that there really was no storm or lightning, just light rain & the radar looked clear behind the band that was passing over. It seemed to be a pretty lame excuse, especially to the likes of another guy who commented either here or on Machinery talk that they gladly took his $15 shortly after 8, then 15 minutes later told him to leave, thank you very much....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)