AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking to buy a new camera.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

raider2b
Posted 8/24/2014 19:50 (#4036440 - in reply to #4033784)
Subject: RE: Looking to buy a new camera.

North Dakota
Don't ignore Panasonic Lumix or Sony compact cameras. Both receive high ratings on Consumer reports.

A lot depends on how the camera will be used. If it is a carry around that is expected to fit in a shirt pocket will be different than one that is carried in a small or medium case with other items in it. My preference for a carry around is one that needs to be a bit more rugged and has a lens that does not pop out, it is covered with a door that you slide or swing to uncover the lens and turn on the camera. I carry a cheap, less than $150, camera in the pickup to catch snapshots of things when I am out in the country. If it gets broken its not too big a deal to replace. If you are looking for something a bit better, in the $250- $350 range, you get a better lens and flash. You also get more settings and a 12X-25X zoom.

An interchangeable lens compact will cost you $400-$1000 but has a more versatility. SLR cameras start at about $400 and can cost over $6000 just for the body with no lenses. But a $400-$500 Cannon or Nikon will give you an entry level camera with a 18-55mm lens.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)