AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

refridgerators
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 8/22/2014 14:58 (#4032374 - in reply to #4031838)
Subject: RE: refridgerators

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa
+1 on working with a local dealer who will stand behind what they sell. I'd run far, far away from any big-box store appliances, jmho. We redid the kitchen 7 years ago this past spring and got a KitchenAid French door fridge.......love it to pieces. Have had no issues at all with it (knock on wood) and it's done what we've expected it to do for this long. At the time we bought this one, the ice and water thru the door feature was relatively new in the French door models, and the unit that made that all happen took up what I considered a huge amount of refrigerator space in the top left part of the fridge. For that reason, we opted for a filtered chilled water dispenser that is on the inside of the LH door of the fridge, and the icemaker is in the freezer drawer. I know this is no longer the case.......our d-i-l has the newer model of basically the same fridge, and the thru-the-door mechanisms are way, way more space efficient. The dealer we worked with is about 20 miles away, and the lady who runs the sales floor is extremely straight-forward in telling you what you want in appliances, once she knows how you intend to use it and what type of budget you're working with. She's probably been accused of being abrasive, but she did exactly what I wanted her to do.......told us what was right and wrong with each model or series, what repair issues they'd had with what models, and whether we were crazy to think the way we did. She even refused to sell a set of kitchen appliances b/c the couple who came in the store had very high-end dark cherry cabinets in their new kitchen and wanted to buy white appliances. She gave them their choice of either black or stainless, or else please go somewhere else to buy them......she didn't want her store's name associated with white appliances in a dark cherrywood kitchen. She's certainly not everyone's cup of tea, but she sells a pot load of appliances cheaper than anywhere else can do it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)