AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I knew it
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

thejunkman
Posted 8/21/2014 12:43 (#4030369 - in reply to #4029807)
Subject: RE: I knew it

sdPete - 8/21/2014 04:56 My wife is allergic. A diet violation produces consequences that sometimes take 3 days to recover from. The gluten free fad crowd is not always helpful as they have no reactions and proclaim suspect foods to be ok. Celiac support groups can debunk a study like that pretty quick, they have been there done that.

My brother in law is allergic as am I with dairy proteins so we have to avoid our respective allergens, or as sdPete said, suffer the consequences.  Consequences that do in fact last for days.  No joke we are talking borderline hospitalization if severe enough.  On that note, I think it is a "fad" to avoid it if you have no allergies, as in if I could have dairy I would, and my brother in law same thing only with wheat bearing foods. 

That is why it pains me almost as much as eating, the forbidden food, to buy the whey/casien protien free stuff, but it is the only way I would ever be able to have cheesy foods, creamy foods (via coconut milk), cereal (via almond milk and the likes) and ice creams, ect...  I just don't like supporting those companies that make those products because I know they aren't making/producing them for "me" with food allergies, they are targeting the "eco weenies" and "food nazis" that like to wear hemp fabric cloths and ride fixed gear bicycles.  Those companies are also very political against other things that I enjoy, like offroad recreation.  For the record about the only "dairy free" products produced by these companies are, a cheese alternative that is plant based, sour cream substitute, almond milk, cocount milk (in cans) My wife has gotten pretty creative with just these 3 subs for foods I normally could not have.  Example: scalloped potatoes

Edited by thejunkman 8/21/2014 12:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)