AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmland investments take a hit
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

OldMcdonald
Posted 8/20/2014 09:30 (#4028254 - in reply to #4028213)
Subject: RE: 1970's

Napanee, Ontario
Thanks Boone... and I'd have to say I agree with your statement "Unfortunately, such a fund probably doesn't exist, or at least I'm not aware of one."

I too, evision a REIT operating as you indicate. That is actually how they are supposed to operate, go figure. All too often however, i find most of these outfits are just run and gun operations built on eye-popping dividends to suck more investors in, goose the stock performance and sell more higher prices shares and lower priced bonds... to keep paying the eye-popping dividend. Your typical Ponzi Scheme.

I'm not sure i can find many REITS who have a payout yield that is actually in line with rent receipts. Maybe, but i generally stay away from the sector as a rule. When the dividend looks too good to be true, IT NEARLY ALWAYS IS. I guess it's no different than these Tech companies using their IPO cash to undercut competitors by selling $5 bills for $4 just to score market share growth, and the horrible earnings performance this strategy generates a seeming afterthought for investors. Another sector I avoid as a rule lol.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)