AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody rent their tractor out?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 8/19/2014 10:44 (#4026528 - in reply to #4026329)
Subject: RE: Anybody rent their tractor out?

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
I have, and will continue to do so. I only rent to people in the immediate area, and I know all of them. Only once has someone wanted to use a tractor and I didn't really like the idea based on how they take care of their stuff, so I just politely told him I didn't have anything free at the moment. Yes, sometimes little things will get broken. You'd better keep an eye on the hours and just do the servicing yourself.

Despite the asinine comment above, I'm no BTO. I'm definitely "over tractored" though. When we are haying, rakes, balers all need to be going at the same time, so they all need a tractor. The rest of the year most of them are just sitting around. I can buy better equipment if I can put it to work somewhere else, when row crop guys need more tractors. I've never advertised, just mentioned to a few larger row crop/hay farmers I know that if they ever need another tractor I had some I'd rent them cheaper than the dealer. Dealer was 0.29 (per hp/hour) with a 300 hour min, I'm 0.25 with no minimum.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)