AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Clockwise or counterclockwise? (spout left or right cont.)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

pupdaddy12003
Posted 7/31/2014 16:19 (#3995153 - in reply to #3994245)
Subject: RE: Clockwise or counterclockwise? (spout left or right cont.)

NW Central Ohio
...I'm going to weigh in here with only old beet harvesting knowledge to support my advice. They all load to the right. when you hit the end of a "land" that you need to turn right out of...the truck either stops...and lets the harvester cross in front of it...or they peel away and dash down the headland to the point they can back past the harvester and turn in when in the narrow part of a "land". Your middle lands where the harvester turns left...the truck can slowly and gradually ease back as you come out of the crop....and then follows the harvester to the other side. I have to tell you another thing...if you hang a leather strap, old piece of belting or even the wand from a broken CB antenna to area of the spout that you want the sideboard of the truck to follow....the load will always be in the center of the truck if the driver is looking in his left hand mirror. He can also watch what's going on with the harvester better...and if need be, you can mount lights with a "forward, center (for maintain your place) and back indicator" on the side of the harvester. One rocker switch of the right kind that interrupts the current to the middle light and supplies power to the other two depending on which one you want lit is all you need. A truck driver should be able to load an entire load of silage (Beets in my experience!) without looking through his windshield. Some guys never seem to "get it"...LOL!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)