AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

E-byproducts crashing hard.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

AnCy03
Posted 7/31/2014 11:20 (#3994808 - in reply to #3992603)
Subject: RE: E-byproducts crashing hard...and a side note for MarkWright and feelnrite

Carlsoncl; straight from a guy that sells Distillers, Yes, distillers markets are coming off their highs. Plants are all back on line and running at full rates due to good margins(not records as someone else has stated), corn keeps dropping everytime we turn around on the eve of a potentially huge crop, the railroad still isn't reliable and China has curbed buying of Corn and DDGS for whatever reason they give you that day....so all that news has created an environment where prices had to get more competitive to stay in diets. Good news for the buyers.

MarkWright and feelnrite; I guess I'm about a criminal in your books....unless you've heard of this thing called a "free market enterprise", you know that phrase that gets thrown around a lot about letting the demand for a product dictate its market value....kinda like whats happening with beef prices right now....but I'm not calling either of you criminals because you're cattle producers and my beef prices have gone up at the store, it's simply what the market has dictated. But its always easier and more fun to deal with opinions and fire and brimstone speeches than it is to deal in facts and subjective thought. The "get even" attitude is old and overplayed. I sell distillers for a living and I am a livestock producer as well....been one since I could walk. I didn't like the market trends either from a producers standpoint and hated my monthly feed bill, but guess what, I still payed it because it presented the best value to my operation. No one was out to screw either one of you, the market simply dictated the value of the product and just because you didn't like it doesn't make it wrong....just don't buy it and quit bitching about it!

As always with distillers, know what plant it's coming from and what you're buying. Just because it's cheaper/ton doesn't always mean its a superior buy. 3rd party representation doesn't always do a good job of informing their buyers of that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)