AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

how to get her to understand
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Nebraska Sandhiller
Posted 7/28/2014 13:50 (#3990124 - in reply to #3989100)
Subject: If you don't want to have to lead, try Square Dancing

NNW Nebraska
Square Dancing is lots of fun, Also when square dancing, you do not have to do a bunch of fancy foot work, if that is why you think you can't dance.

You just do what the caller says. (if you are so inclined) (just like at home, just not the wife giving orders)

I have known several people that turned up their noses at the thought of square dancing, then tried it, and found out they did have fun doing it.

I remember several years ago, some young teachers were square dancing got to talking with a guy at out club that was probably in his late 70's. They told him that if they would come down to the bar (dance) that night they would see who could out last who. Well those youngens were not up to dancing every dance the band played, but the old guy was because he went out square dancing two nights a week and was in better shape then the 20/30 somethings.

Some people say, oh I did that in elementary school and didn't like it. Well, back then it was plum scary, touching a girl (yuckee)

Last winter we went on a cruise for 10 days where we danced on the boat every day. Actually about 12 people from our club went. So we were dancing with people from all over United States. Also there were people on the cruise that we had danced with on another cruise two years before, and people we had danced with at a square dance convention several hours from home.

Life is two short to sit in front of the tube, get out and have some fun while getting some great exercise.

When I was teaching, I tried to convince some of the young (teach for America) teachers to go square dancing. They didn't want to. Some of the teachers had a band that played at bars. One night We stopped in where they were playing. We had been square dancing, so my wife was still wearing her square dance dress. (sq dance dress not required at most dances) some of the teachers came over to talk to us and since a few wanted to try it out, several came to one of our dances, and at one point had over 40 of them at our club. Then they said, why didn't you tell us about square dancing earlier? I had tried, but they didn't listen. Unfortunately they have all moved away now. The new teachers are not brave enough to try it. Except for a few girls. One gal that really hasn't had lessons, is coming to our dances nearly every week, and is now dancing all the mainstream dances. she drives a hour each way (even if she has to come alone) to get there because she has so much fun.

search on the internet for a club near you, If you don't have any luck, I would be willing to check it out for you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)