AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buying new car
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

denny-o
Posted 7/28/2014 15:17 (#3990221 - in reply to #3990166)
Subject: RE: Buying new car

Michigan - Saginaw County
Don't buy new. Tons and tons of leased cars 12 to 18 months old come available every day of the week. It is a waterfall of cars with 12K to 18K miles on them and all the warranty issues worked out.

And if I am left cooling my heels for 15 minutes for anything, when he walks back in I will be gone ten minutes down the road.
When I do buy anything new, I make it crystal clear that the offer I agree to IS the over the curb price with a pair of license plates on it.
Not even one more penny will pop up on the papers or I walk. I make sure the salesman (usually young, skinny, and hungry) understand it.
He usually has to do a lot of scurrying back and forth to his bass as I make counter offers.
If financing wants to play games with magic fees that were never mentioned, I will kinda screw up my face, look a bit worried and say "That Much? Gee, I hafta go home and think about this. Call me next week."
And I will walk out. Both times I did this I did not make it to my car and the magic charges magically went away.

Long, long ago in a galaxy far far away I used to help build pickups for a tiny multinational company that no longer exists. When a loaded one went off the end the line there was a loud bell that rang because the profit on that vehicle was 3 times to 5 times the profit on a standard vehicle. With every vehicle today mostly loaded the profits are in the warranty / add ons - and they are PURE profit.
Look folks this is the age of the internet.
Look up your vehicle online. Add the accessories you want yadda yadda and then get a total price from at least three dealers online.
Seems to me that saving 500 to 800 dollars, and more, is worth driving a hundred miles.
If the local dealer in your small town does not like it (shrug) it is called capitalism. He will service the vehicle or lose his dealership.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)