AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buying new car
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ndsu84
Posted 7/27/2014 19:51 (#3988874)
Subject: Buying new car

EC North Dakota
My daughter's been looking at cars for quite a while and decided on the one she wanted. She asked if I would come down and help with the paperwork.

The deal she decided on was $300/month for 60 months, with a .9% interest rate. I asked the salesman how a young woman could get such a great deal, or was this a bait and switch? He said no, she has great credit and it's no problem. She agreed to buy, so they handed us to accessories dept. That was fine, but 45 minutes of them peddling little options sucked.

Then they handed us to the Business Manager, who started with, "well her credit score is awesome, but we can only come up with 4% interest." I said no, she was told .9%, done deal. He said he couldn't make that work, sorry. I said I would sign for her and that would take care of it. He brought over a guy who explained to my daughter how much better her credit would look if no one signed for her and that she shouldn't let me. That ended with me signing and her getting the .9%.(major bs in between but...)

Next was the warranty dept. One half hour sales pitch on a warranty that would only be $3/month. I'm not sure where he came up with that, but the one he was pushing increased her payment from $300 to $430 and they would add four extra payments on to the end. They were telling her she was crazy not to do it. What a bunch of bs!

So we're finally finished up after 3.5 hours of bs, and he's going through the signatures. Last line has $375 for security transfer. Never been talked about before but it's so if a chop shop steals her car, they can track the parts. What the he!! does she need that in North Dakota for???? We don't even need to lock our cars!!!

I should have told them off, but she had put many hours into finding this deal so I let it go. She's the proud owner of a new Honda but the process was ridiculous.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)