AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tilt fungicide for beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 7/27/2014 10:16 (#3988095 - in reply to #3987911)
Subject: RE: Tilt fungicide for beans

King City, Mo
First question is why do you want to spray a fungicide? If plant health malarkey is the answer save your money.

What fungal diease do you have a history of having trouble with? If you do have a history and the conditions are right for the diease then yes fungicide is a good idea.

Just remember healthy plants grow on healthy soils so you can keep applying band aides every year at $30/app plus 1-2bu knock down or spend that money to get your soil right. The guy at the coop/chem rep doesn't want you too as he needs you to need him every year as your like an annuity for him. For $30/acre you can get over a ton of lime most place or 1xx# of KCl or quite a bit of micro nutrients.

Airplane apps are very inaccurate when making apps as I came home last weekend and they were spraying the neighbors corn and sprayed 1/2 way across my bean field. Then left when I walked out in the beans and came back on Sunday when I was going to church....

If you use a ground rig have you figured all the beans your gonna knock over and kill? Custom app guy tried to tell me 1bu but on 36" tall beans on 30" rows in guessing closer to 2bu. You will also have a nice spot for TWH to emerge since you busted up the canopy.

Are all fungi in the soil bad? Are fungicides selective and only kill bad fungi?

I use to be in the add in generic warrior camp as it was cheap. But then noticed you kill your beneficial bugs as well as the bad bugs. So you create the need for more spray apps.

Soybeans respond to soil fertility.....

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)