AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

******Weigh Ins For 7/27/17 To 8/2/14******
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Chimel
Posted 7/27/2014 21:48 (#3989189 - in reply to #3988538)
Subject: RE: ******Weigh Ins For 7/27/17 To 8/2/14******

Quitting Copenhagen NY or DK?
Haha, I guess it's the tobacco.

My dad gained quite a bit of weight too when he had to quit smoking.
I remember his doctor told him to drink a lot more water.

I was at 280 pounds when I started in October, and that was already over 50 pounds less than in 2007.
Keep reporting on your progress, I found that posting regularly helped me a lot to keep on track.
It kind of gave me a routine and a discipline to stick to, for myself, not for others to read.
Just don't go as extreme as I did or Deb will feel sorry for you too! ;)
Although I must say that if a dumb ass like me with all the problems I've got can do it, you can lose a 100 pounds easy too...
The weekly update is also a better way to check progress: I record my weigh-ins daily on a Google Drive spreadsheet, but there are variations from day to day that can be disappointing at times. Still, the daily records are critical, because you can easily remember what you did wrong on a specific day, and try avoiding it in the future.

Like many people mentioned earlier, getting fit is more about a new lifestyle than just changing diet.
Take a few decisive steps, like giving up on all processed (junk) food, deep fried food, fast food joints and sodas, at least for most meals. That's relatively easy to stick to and you won't miss them much if you have tastier replacements.

Cook some of your own meals, that's more difficult, but there are many recipes that take only a few minutes to prepare and do not require a chef's training. Many simple preparations take no time to prepare, only time to wait, like marinades or curing in brine. They make great meat out of dirt cheap cuts too.

Subscribe to some YouTube food channels such as Food Wishes, they have several easy and tasty recipes every week, it's a great way to discover new things or to fight recipe boredom. Heck, you'll become a chef yourself with Chef John, learning to make your own ciabatta bread or crème fraîche (a step above sour cream) with plain store-bought ingredients and no time at all. Along the way, you'll find channels dedicated to barbecue recipes, to international cuisine, whatever you fancy or don't know yet.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)