AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

so, you drink almond water
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Chimel
Posted 7/27/2014 13:50 (#3988333 - in reply to #3987067)
Subject: RE: so, you drink almond water

The same breakfast, day in, day out?
But that's worse than my predicament, Kurt, how boring! ;)

I never had Chex rice cereals, the closest I tried was Kellog's Special K which tastes great, I even thought for several years that these corn flakes were quite good, until I read the list of ingredients and found out it was rice, not corn.

The traditional French cereal is fresh bread, usually buttered and with jam, or pain grillé, a completely dry form of toasted bread, or biscottes (rusks), also with butter and jam. These are especially delicious with coffee, and very filling too, as unlike bread, they don't contain any water. Swedish crisp rolls and Wasa bread are other types of biscottes (which means "twice baked") that are quite successful. Rice cakes not so much, but I like them too. All these are great with nut butters, apple sauce or cream cheese too. I like such variations. Bagels, scones, muffins, fadge (Irish potato cake, the Scottish tattie scone) are virtually unknown there. Breakfast cereals are becoming a global trend, but nowhere as popular as in the U.S.

Since my stay in Ireland, I got to like steel cut oats in the morning: If oats give horses the best energy boost, it should do wonders to humans too... Add currants, dried cranberries, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, honey, yogurt, seeds and nuts, and you have a very healthy home made muesli.

(Pain grille (dry toasted bread, sliced from a wheat country loaf, pain de campagne).jpg)

(Biscottes (rusks).jpg)

(Round biscottes (rusks).jpg)

(Swedish crisp rolls.jpeg)

(Wasa bread.jpg)

(Rice cakes.jpg)

(Fadge (Irish potato bread).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Pain grille (dry toasted bread, sliced from a wheat country loaf, pain de campagne).jpg (75KB - 136 downloads)
Attachments Biscottes (rusks).jpg (38KB - 131 downloads)
Attachments Round biscottes (rusks).jpg (23KB - 147 downloads)
Attachments Swedish crisp rolls.jpeg (27KB - 142 downloads)
Attachments Wasa bread.jpg (23KB - 153 downloads)
Attachments Rice cakes.jpg (26KB - 137 downloads)
Attachments Fadge (Irish potato bread).jpg (26KB - 139 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)