AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PLEASE, some tips on removing wallpaper
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

GardenGirl
Posted 7/25/2014 20:40 (#3985860 - in reply to #3985274)
Subject: RE: PLEASE, some tips on removing wallpaper

Minnesota
I removed a wall paper border this past winter and it was a beast to get off. I found the paper tiger very helpful; roll it over a small section at a time (maybe 2-3 feet of border)----the little metal teeth make holes in the wallpaper which allows the water/solution to get under the paper and loosen the glue; then I used a very damp rag, dampened with very warm water, with some liquid fabric softener added in, and just 'washed' it over the section of wall paper I had just tigered. Let set about 15 minutes and scrape off what you can. Repeat. I have another bedroom to do this next winter and will give the PineSol a try! And I will never ever put any kind of wall paper up again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(We bought the paper tiger at Menards..........inexpensive.......a great little tool) We also tried the spray Zif (I think) that Menards recommended for spraying on to wet the wall paper and I don't think it worked any better than hot water, so save your money.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)