AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra or FMX1000
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

FarmWeather
Posted 7/26/2014 07:19 (#3986352 - in reply to #3984727)
Subject: RE: Integra or FMX1000

Delta
rcg - 7/25/2014 04:51

After a bit of advise about the pro's & con's of Integra or FMX1000 in the following application.

Machine is to run in wine grapes (vineyard) but the practicalities & experience from users would be no different to broad acre cropping.

I wish to variable rate sprayer application of fertilizer(s) (foliar) in the vineyard & the primary data source would be by EM31 & soil testing to define & confirm management zones. Imagery via satellite will be used to confirm effectiveness but ultimately, Greenseeker/Optrix would be the next logical step. Multitudes of growers - cereals, corn etc are already doing this, so it's not reinventing the wheel to do the same in a vineyard.

The vineyard will be trafficked many times during the growing season, so it is relatively small amounts of fertilizer(s) will be applied, at the right time, many times over.

So now we have the requirements, which hardware is better & which has the better backup?  Software is another issue but at this stage I will probably use SMS.

Approximately, what is it going to cost for each.  From what I understand, FMX1000 does need Field IQ plus some dollars to open that facility up. Integra needs Direct Command but does come already open to do all.  I do not need RTK or section control. 

Thanks for everyone's input & advice.

If data management is important to you, strongly suggest AgLeader. We have lots of AgLeader equipment and have been very satisfied.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)