AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

relax... I'm a farmer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Kickapoogian
Posted 7/25/2014 11:55 (#3985177 - in reply to #3984824)
Subject: RE: BE carefull with that shirt.....

Soldiers Grove Wi. 54655
The last trip we made to Indy to see my kids this past Jan on the way home we stopped at a McDonnalds down there...A person noticed my Dad was wearing an "Organic Valley Farmer" jacket and actually thanked him for being a farmer... Dad explained we were farmers but not organic and one of his tenants in a rental house gave it to him... She still said she was glad to have met us and thanked us for the hard work all farmers do... I have to say it was a nice surprise....

I think a lot of the negativity seems to be some farmers pitting other farmers against each other at times too... (and part if this comes down to traditional and organic farmers throwing sticks at each other)... Seems though it sort of started more with the bashing of traditional farmers by not the organic farmers per say but some of their leadership in the management level.. I have always defended Organic farming but was terribly disappointed when I went to a forum put on by an Organic coop in which a Veterinarian did nothing but bash every aspect of the traditional farmer... Since then when someone does some bashing towards the Organic part of things I pretty much keep quite as I feel they sort of brought that war on themselves.. But it is true more and more that we farmers as a whole are getting a darker light cast upon us everyday and a lot of it boils down to the big corps like Monsanto and such.

BTW, I love the T shirt and would wear it anytime~ I'm also an avid mushroom hunter of all types of fungi... My favorite T shirt was given to me by a friend that didn't understand why we all laughed our butts off when I showed it to them.. It has a morel mushroom on it and says "I've never met a mushroom I didn't like".... :)

Edited by Kickapoogian 7/25/2014 11:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)