AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First time Classic user
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 7/24/2014 08:30 (#3983453)
Subject: First time Classic user

Faunsdale, AL
CPS guy recommended using 1/2 oz Classic and Makaze Yield pro on some late soybeans that are getting pretty weedy. Worst problem there is some morning glories that are a couple feet long.

I think everything out there would be cleaned up with a quart of Powermax/acre, but I do have some other fields that are infested with nutsedges and I see Classic is rated pretty highly on that, so I am planning on getting some. First trip over with Powermax hurt it, but didn't clean it up very well, I think more has emerged since we sprayed. This is old pasture that was disked up and planted in 15" rows. Beans canopy quickly, so I need to take care of the nutsedges once and for all, real soon.
Reading label, it recommends using 1/4 to 1/3 oz with glyphosate. Am I going to be sick after spraying this on my late (1st trifoliate to about 1' tall) soybeans. Should I use the 1/2 oz recommended or go with the lower rate? I am used to Resource and speckled beans, but hate to see yellow sick looking beans. Have had too many that look like that just because of excessive rainfall.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)