AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's pushing the market this morning.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

WeaveFarmer
Posted 7/24/2014 10:37 (#3983610 - in reply to #3983567)
Subject: RE: Frankly.. the farmer is going to bin it.

Boone Co. Iowa
I watch the weather like most farmers, and read, look at internet, etc. Talked to seed rep at lunch, he has 5-10 guys that sell for him, and I guess our region looks pretty good. When you start to look at kernels and population and do the math, corn potential is pretty large. As in, I don't want to say it out loud large. I assume everyone else in region is in same situation.

I think crop tours are going to publish numbers that make a lot of us farmers respond with "that's impossible." And we will see during harvest.

Don't get me wrong, winds, hail, bugs, early frost, etc. could be game changers. Maybe we will get a late dry spell, but I think that the corn crop, with moderate temps during silk/tassling, is pretty much a home run.

But what is out in the field looks pretty good, and my sense tell me it is a fairly large area in the heart of corn growing country.

Markets and crop insurance work in such a way that I get a guarantee / acre, and I don't know that prices are low enough yet.

Maybe I am giddy since we haven't had corn piles for a long time, and tile basically didn't run for over two years. I'm not trying to be right, just sharing what I saw in my backyard yesterday.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)