AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jiggs leaf spots
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

aggie91
Posted 7/23/2014 15:41 (#3982433)
Subject: Jiggs leaf spots

Iola, Texas
Having some clear spots in leaves of hay pastures. during the third cutting about 10 days ago I noticed my mower covered in red super fine powder. I am assuming that is some sort of "rust" on the Jiggs. Reading up and taking pictures they are now on regrowth looking like clear spots on the leaves as you can see in picture. I know I pushed the fert after last cutting but rain was on its way so it got 50/8/15 ( actual NPK) per acre. Probably 6 days after cutting and we rec 3.5 inches the next 2-3 days. I have another pasture that was cut 2 weeks before but showing the same signs ( same fert last time only, and only was first cut) . History of this field is
Fert again actual NPK per acre March 35/50/85 ( avail) all after had nutrisphere and urea based fert, April 60/8/18 May 55/7/17 and just in July 50/8/15 goal on last three were 65/10/20 but as applied I est the these numbers.
Production has been 10.2 4x5.5 round bales per acre probably weigh 1000lbs so 5 tons. Fert test has recomendations for 3 tons of 150/50/110 range. so I am at 200/73/137 after this fert and expect ( hope ) to get another 4 bales per acre yield
So what is this and anything that can be done? I was basing my fert needs on removal and soil test recommendations.

Edited by aggie91 7/23/2014 15:55

(hay spots.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments hay spots.JPG (147KB - 42 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)